Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #24
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

We were talking about Trae Young the other day. I heard someone on one of the Ringer podcasts say that Trae Young is a gamble in this draft because either the things he does in college he'll be able to do in the NBA, or those things won't work in the NBA & he won't make it. His co-host said he could see some middle ground in his range of outcomes were Trae Young is deep on the bench & comes in once every 15 games or so & lights it up. Fwiw, I remember these same things being said about Steph Curry, in particular the deep bench & lighting it up once every blue moon comment.

I think there's a lot of truth to this, though. Someone on here asked me why would I gamble on Trae Young if I'm the Mavs and all my other Tier 1 players are gone when I pick but Trae is still there. Because Trae's ceiling is what he's doing in college does work in the NBA & he's a megastar. If he's a megastar, I don't care about fit.

On the other hand, I won't be surprised if Trae Young never sees his 2nd NBA contract.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote