Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 09:37 PM   #28
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
Been wondering this for awhile now. There's been some blowback here to my Sam Hinkie-like tank at all costs stance.

Whoever your top guy is in this draft, imagine him reaching his ceiling in his NBA career. Keeping that in mind, how far would you be willing to go if you were in charge to ensure the Mavs lost enough games down the stretch to secure your top draft prospect?

For me I would do anything. Literally anything. I don't think very many people here would go that far. Even with me not knowing that my top draft targets will reach their ceiling, I'd do almost anything. I think the only thing I wouldn't do is bench Dirk to keep him from reaching milestones. Short of that I'd do anything else.
Honestly if they just limit JJ's mins to 15-18 mins I'm positive everything resolves itself. He played 30mins against Sac for no reason at all. He was a +8 in a 5 point loss. He constantly plays 22-26mins and he's almost always at or near our top in +-. If they limited JJ nothing more would need to be done. I wish they would also limit Barnes and Wes to 28 or less but that's not going to happen. But Wes and Barnes are also almost always among our lowest in +-. I'm not the biggest +- fan but for the most part their impacts are just as much a negative towards a win. Barnes can impact more than Wes imo, so I would love to see him get 28 or less mins but it's mainly JJ who needs to stop playing so much.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-18-2018 at 09:41 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote