Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 10:25 PM   #35
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

I saw a mock with Trae Young going to Orlando, and it made me think of an extra element to his value.

I think people forget that before Steph Curry was drafted by Golden State they were no more desirable a destination for free agents than any other bottom feeder. Several fortuitous events occurred to help the Warriors become what they are today, but it all started with Steph.

I could actually see the same thing happening with Trae in a place like Orlando. The weather is nice. You're a big deal in that city. You're close to Miami. Close to Atlanta. In 5 years time, it could be a very light conference just Celts, Sixers & Bucks to contend with.

Not saying all of this is likely or anything, but it's fair to include it in Trae's upside. Does drafting Mo Bamba bring that type of excitement to a franchise that a player like Kevin Durant leaves as a free agent to sign with Mo Bamba's team? Marvin Bagley? I don't think so. The only guy I can see having that kind of impact is Luka Doncic.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote