Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 11:58 PM   #707
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
8 points, 5 blocks, 4 rebounds, 4 fouls in 18 minutes.
I don't think you're going to find JJJ's value on a stat line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, the fouls are concerning, but that's something that should improve with age/experience... 5 blocks in 18 minutes though! Speaking of which, I found this interesting stat today:

Bamba: 815 minutes, 106 blocks
Jackson: 660 minutes, 100 blocks
Furthering your point on his fouls...

I'd have to watch more Michigan State basketball to be sure of this, but the Spartans have lost 3 games all year. It's not like his fouls are costing them wins. What I mean by that is I don't know that the coaching staff is really telling him to slow down on the fouls. Maybe they don't mind his aggressive play, or at least they're not making as great an effort to coach him up in this respect as his future NBA team will.

Bottom line, as with any of these top prospects, he has some things to work on & there's no guarantee that JJJ or any of them will be successful overcoming these problems, so you just know that going in.

You have to look at the raw talent and the skills. JJJ 43.8% from 3 and 79% FTs this year, plus his block rate per min is the highest in the country & he excels in PnR defense, plus he handles perimeter defense as a 6-11 big. There's no other player in this draft who can say all of that.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote