View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #110
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I'm not sure how this was meant, but it came across harsh and very unreasonable. If her opinion doesn't agree with you, then she should leave? She's been one of the few people that has consistently posted in this forum and it would be a big loss if she were to leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
To UD's point, I think he was basically saying why post here if you don't want to support or root for the Mavs anymore. Sounded like EL had one foot out the door, but as I said, a bad day for all Mavs fans.

I sincerely doubt he mean't that she isn't welcome her own opinion.
Yep, DHWS nailed exactly what I meant... I don't want to see EL leave, but if this scandal is one step too far for her, then I guess she's as good as gone. If she feels that strongly about it, then nothing I say is going to sway her.

Me? I think the Mavs are bigger than Cuban, and this scandal isn't going to make me stop rooting for my team... If it was Dirk or Dennis or any other player, then I'd feel differently about it -- but it's a guy who I barely ever see when I turn on the game, and one who I rarely think about except for when he opens his big mouth. It definitely affects how I feel about the organization as a whole, but when I see the Dallas Mavericks logo, I think "Dirk" not "scandal."

One day Mark Cuban is going to sell the team and everyone is eventually going to forget about him... And if you don't think that's going to happen, take a look at Don Carter's thread and the measly 6 posts in it. If none of you care enough about that guy to acknowledge his death, then what makes you think the next few generations are going to give a shit about Mark Cuban years from now? Nobody is going to remember his outspokenness, or this scandal, or that mediocre TV show he's on... But they will remember Dirk when they look up into those rafters and see his jersey. They''ll remember Dirk when they see his name all over the NBA record books. They'll remember Dirk when people talk about the advent of stretch-fours and one-legged fadeaways. They'll remember Dirk when fans talk about the greatest player in Dallas Mavericks history.

They'll remember Dirk... Cuban? Not so much.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-22-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote