Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 06:48 PM   #750
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
Here's the thing with Bagley & those #s...

That 30 & 14 he put up vs Virginia happened primarily vs guys 6-7 & one 6-10 White stiff who managed 3 rebs in 31 min & has a career avg of essentially 3 pts & 4 rebs, oh and they had a 6-9 soph come in & play 10 min in that game too. Nothing like the size & physicality Bagley will see in the NBA.

vs Florida St, Bagley's 32 & 21 came while he faced one guy over 6-9 (most of the Seminoles are 6-8 & under), and that was a 7 foot Freshman who managed 2 rebs in 13 min.

vs Florida, Bagley's 30 & 15 was compiled vs one guy over 6-9, a 6-11 stiff from Australia, who posted 0 rebs & 3 fouls in 7 min. In fact, only 2 of the 8 other Gators to see the floor were over 6-6, and they only played 25 min (a 6-9 Junior) & 16 min (a 6-8 Soph) respectively.

vs Texas, Bagley's 34 & 15, I watched these highlights on FrankieVision, and yes it's the first time he did anything in one of these games you've listed vs a big with an NBA future, in Mo Bamba, but this was early in the season & Bamba played very poorly defensively. Actually it's a good example of why I'm not high on Mo Bamba. He gets pushed around, plays out of position, falls asleep on the floor & misses assignments, and the last thing in the world Mo Bamba is, is a bruiser, somebody that's going to drop his ass, plant it into an opponent & BOX OUT. Bamba stands upright like a statue & tries to use his insane reach on every rebound. To Bagley's credit, he abused Bamba in this game badly. But, I'd like to see Bagley do it vs Ayton or a credible NBA body that bangs in the low post for rebounds. That's not Mo Bamba.

The whole Porter Jr, if healthy thing. He's been cleared & Mizzou has 2 games left in the regular season. He didn't play vs Kentucky yesterday. There's no word on him playing in their next game. Potentially he only has 3 games left to play in Mizzou's season. So, when is the "IF" going to be come a reality? We can't look at him as IF healthy imo. Like what if he shows up for Mizzou's March Madness game, and he doesn't play well. Tailor made excuse for him, well it was his first game, etc etc... I just don't see it with Porter Jr. He's already missed the college season. The development opportunity is out the window & I don't think he'll ever be healthy imo.

Ehh.

Nitpicking after the fact like this is ridiculous IMO. Bagley has been one of the (if not THE) most consistent player in college basketball. He’s doing it as the number one option against other elite squads. He has legitimate questions about his defense, shooting, and position, but let’s not take away from what he’s doing to justify praise for another prospect. If we draft JJJ over Bagley it will certainly be due to long-term potential and not production.