Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 05:15 PM   #771
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
After Cuban opening his big mouth about tanking...
I really don't have a problem with Mark Cuban saying what he did. He was fined $600k, and so be it. Sure, I would prefer he didn't say it, but he did. I don't think it's that damaging. The league isn't going to do anything else about it.

In my opinion, the sexual harassment scandal is another issue totally. I think the SI follow up article that was posted on this forum a few days ago details that very well. There's no excuse for the "I didn't know" mantra for 15 years!!! but since the scandal broke Cuban has handled it about as well as he possibly could & I think the hiring of the new CEO is a great move that's going to help in numerous ways.

As far as the tanking goes, if I'm a player I appreciate the owner sitting down and talking to me, explaining what's going on & being up front about it. Cuban also said next year we're not tanking. I can't deal with this for more than 18 months. It hurts too much.

If I'm a player, I prefer that kinda candor to learning I was traded on Twitter like Blake Griffin did. Seriously, what's wrong with Mark Cuban telling his players we should tank?

He's the owner, for 1, and secondly, it is the smartest thing to do.

And how fucking immature is it for Rick Carlisle to get all butthurt about it & start playing just the veterans? Jesus Christ. I remember a time not too long ago where there were open questions about whether he would stick around for a rebuild. Fine, don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out, Coach.

You're telling me come April 11th when the season is over it's going to matter to these players that they won 27 games instead of 23 this year? That's some source of pride to wear on their chest like a badge of honor? Ooooh, we finished 11th in the West this year and not last. Hold your applause please.

It's stupid. brain-dead, moronic, mother loving R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D!!!

Every player, every coach on this team is smart enough to know those extra handful of wins mean NOTHING. They only it doesn't help the organization. It does nothing for them. Hell, Carlisle isn't Frank Vogel or Dave Joerger, he doesn't have to worry about his win/loss record and whether that means his job or not. It should be no issue for him. Now, he's bucking what the owner wants & making this into an issue, and honestly, now it might be his ass, and if so, the only thing I can say is HALLELUJAH!!! I went through a disgusting period of Mavs basketball from 1989-90 to 1998-1999 (actually was not 1998 that season due to the strike). Hell, I remember my first pair of good seats to a Mavs game. I had just started at Susquehanna radio, and one of the sales guys had seats right behind the basket for Spurs/Mavs, and he didn't want them. Nobody was going to games then. He gave me tickets, with a face value of probably $75 a ticket, for nothing. He probably didn't even view it as a big deal. It was like giving someone coupons for buy one get one free tacos at Jack-in-the-Box.

I'm not willing to have this franchise go back to that because our head coach gets butthurt about losing a couple of pointless games in a lost. Anybody, who watched all of those games back then would be hesitant to go back to that too.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote