Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 08:49 PM   #1141
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Call me the Porter Jr. Hater

Even before the injury, he has C level handling with very little explosiveness. Can he shoot? It appears so. But we don't know if he can shoot against any semblance of defense or length. College would of given us a decent glimpse.

At 7, I would be thrilled. But inside the top 5? Probably not.

My list heading into this thing...

1. Luka Doncic - He plays like a winner.
2. Deandre Ayton - Consider this 1b. Probably the best roster fit with the highest potential.
3. Marvin Bagley - This is the guy we MAY have a chance at if the Lottery Gods are in our favor. Chris Bosh 2.0 who will average 20/10 for many years. Great fit next to DSJ.
4. JJJ - His upside and stretch 4 potential are too much to pass up. Not as big of a fan as others, but I would be happy to have him.
5. Mikal Bridges - Instant impact who brings tenacity. Want to win? Bring in a winner. I am not sure I see the Kawai comparisons, but that would be impossible to see at this point.
6. Mo Bamba - Huge defensive talent with questionable motor (imo). I see him averaging 12-15 points a game, 10+ rebounds, 3+ blocks if he is healthy. I managed to catch most of his games. I was constantly questioning how much he wants it. I know we are talking about a major jump for him, but he displayed zero intangibles from my couch.
7. Michael Porter Jr. - Not sure if I prefer him or Mo Bamba. It would depend on how encouraging the physical exams are.
8. Zhaire Smith - Probably a reach here, but love his game.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote