Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #1163
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
On the other hand: There's pretty much only one team to date that successfully build through a horrible tanking stretch, and that's the Sixers. And they even still have to proof it in the playoffs, have an injury prone star, another one that can't shoot, and a third that is injury-prone and can't shoot.

So that's like what? One semi-success story out of how many since tanking got super popular? I think it isn't the answer. It's probably as much of a problem however that big free agents only get attracted by 10-15% of the league right now. The new trend to form superteams didn't help there at all. So you have shitty odds to build through the draft, and even less of a chance to lure key free agents without an already strong roster. Good luck digging yourself out of a hole.

It's really annoying, but I'd prefer competitive teams over the shit that's going on this season all day. I had the most time in years to actually watch Mavs games during the night, but could hardly get myself to stay up. I'll be back when there's actual basketball to watch and root for other teams in the meantime.

Not to get righteous on you, but given what you've said, and the lack of options the Mavs have I think either you're a true fan and you understand these things happen in cycles and stick with your squad, or you're not.