Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #1192
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
You can't really prove this. The only time the Mavs actually tried to win a few was right after Cuban's dumb comments, but they quickly went back to tank.

And the close losses don't really hold much value either. I always go back to Cuban's most famous quote..."The difference between good and bad teams is that good teams win close games." So whether Rick intentionally lost close games or the Mavs were just bad...it's all moot.

A team can't go 0-82.
There's a huge difference between going 0-82 and losing 3 or 4 more games. I find it really hard to imagine that you think Rick intentionally lost the vast majority of those 34 or so close games... why not just win them then or 22-25 of them, if he could be that accurate and measured? That would have been the difference in us making the playoffs.

Mark Cubans words should typically be taken with a grain of salt. I wouldn't even be surprised if that was him stealing a Donnie Nelson quote from a meeting.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote