Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #1252
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I am curious if Memphis will for sure pass up Bagley and take Doncic. They have a couple decent guards/wing players already especially if they could retain Evans. If they take Doncic, would Evans accept what the leftover money they have and less minutes to offer him? Doncic is going to take a lot of the minutes with the starters so maybe Evans A)wants a bigger payday. B) Would rather come to Dallas and start along side DSJ and get more minutes because that starting SG spot is open. Wes isn't going anywhere but I prefer him coming off the bench. I've read that it seems very likely that they would take Doncic, but I'm interested in others opinion who may know more about their roster and their possible plans.
Memphis is not in a position to choose their player based on filling a spot - they should take the player they think is best. Gasol is 33 and Mike Conley is 30 and coming off injury. I suppose they could dream about putting together a contender with those 2 plus their lotto pick but that's a small window to hope for.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote