Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 02:53 PM   #1311
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

It's concerning to me though that Bagley is a human pogo stick and got less than 1 block a game. So not even in help defense is he excelling or even doing above average. 21/10 -11 is great and he's clearly better offensively right now than others but I'm really really scared he's a better version of Powell. With the tools he has he should be close to Noel on defense and he's nowhere close imo. He's a better perimeter defender than a paint defender so I just can't see him anchoring a defense like Bamba, and that is my biggest issue. To me he's a pf but he rim rolls like a center and possibly could stretch the floor. But if you stretch the floor with him aren't you taking away from what makes him special? Even if it's not every possession it's still taking his freakish athleticism away from the rim. 4 of his 11 rebs a game were offensive. How many is he getting if he's spacing the floor shooting 3's? I don't like sacrificing what makes him special I'd rather pair him with an ideal fit next to him but that ideal fit is basically Marc Gasol and nobody else I can think of off hand. I'd still take him at 5-6 and be happy but as of now he's a tweener to me who is very very risky for a top 3-4 pick. His floor is higher than JJJ but his ceiling to me isn't nearly as high.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote