Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 07:48 AM   #1345
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I will say that if Doncic doesn't live up to his hype if drafted by the Mavs, then they are in big, big trouble. At least with the bigs you at least get rebounding even worst case scenario minus maybe JJJ. With Doncic, the Mavs biggest weaknesses, defense and rebounding, don't get addressed at all.
The Mavs biggest weakness is they have noone that can dominate a game. Doncic has been doing that against much higher competition than the NCAA now for some time.

The most impressive thing about Doncic is the way he completely alters the game. He breaks down defenses using his high BBIQ and passing skills. He controls his body well, fantastic handles, and can shoot.

People are greatly overstating his athleticism challenge. I get it. You see Bamba, JJJ, and Ayton. It's hard not to get excited about them. But understand that Bamba and JJJ are very much projects with much lower floors than Doncic. Could they blossom and be fantastic? Absolutely.

I believe you take Doncic then get aggressive with our cap space in FA. Solid options to explore to fill out our roster. If you can't make DSJ + Doncic work, you eventually make a trade. I'm still concerned about DSJs limitations long term to build a championship team around. His game is flashy and fun which is great, but when was the last time a player like him won the championship? We will learn more next year after he has a full off season under his belt. Love his professionalism thus far.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote