View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 08:32 AM   #244
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

No matter where ring chasing came from, it's still the reason you can't put LeBron over MJ. League changes have cemented other records and legacies before. Just think about Wilt's 100. You won't see that again due to pace and style of play. Yet nobody seems to complain or apply some fancy normalization math to be able to compare eras.

On the other hand, three-point records get beaten left and right. Should Reggie Miller feel bad that he was born a couple years too early? So what, LeBron won't catch MJ because of the era he plays in. It happens, and quite frankly doesn't take away the fact that LeBron by far is the best player of his generation.

I also don't mind that this "winner takes it all" mentality finally backfires. It's one of those weird things in US sports that I will never fully understand. Have fun with a league in which only a fraction of the teams are competitive I guess.

Last edited by j0Shi; 05-07-2018 at 08:33 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote