View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 01:16 AM   #281
Harpospoke

Harpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the rough

Well somehow...against all odds, Hou and GS managed to fight their way through the "tough West". Boy that was tough for them.

Now lets see if Hou can put up a fight at all to uphold this "tough West" claim. Hopefully this series is worth watching.

In the East...anyone else getting a Philadelphia Eagles vibe from the Celtics? They got injury problems....after which everyone picked them to lose early in the playoffs. ...Then they go out and win.

I'm getting the feeling those Cavs role players are going to suddenly regress to the Pacers level of performance against the Celtics and their defense. Calling it now.

Celtics Warriors Finals anyone? Wonder what the TV ratings would be for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
No... The raptors and Wizards don't have a mvp candidate. It would be like if the Pelicans were in the East and he joined anthony davis and then brought Porzingis with them. Wade was a MVP candidate, top 5 in votes and a former champion(he sends thank you cards to the refs to this day) and Bosh was a 24/11 guy. Nobody on the Wizards or Raptors gives you either of those things. So no your example does not work.
I see you left out the fact that the Heat was them putting together a new team with no knowledge of how it would gel.

And...you left out him going to the Cavs....which would be worse than KD going to Toronto. Raptors were already a contender while the Cavs were a lottery team.

I mean...was it "easier" than staying in Cleveland with a team whose management had proven over the course of 7 years that they were incapable of putting a good team around him? I suppose that's got to be true because of how impossible the situation was in Cleveland. Pretty sad that a player has to take that into his own hands because his team is so inept though.

Quote:
Right... joining a team with 32-33yr olds was a good long term plan. People were saying the Spurs were done back then. Two of their big 3 were 32-33. The other had just missed 30 games that year. And even if you truly believe it would have somehow been easier to join the West(no)... that just means in ur mind it would have been easier. So lets pat lebron on the back for not choosing the easiest possible path but still an easy one. I'm saying and pretty much everyone I've ever talked to says- Lebron chose the easy way. That it, not the easiest way possible but the easy way. The easiest way possible would have been 1 year with lakers or celtics and then continue 1 year rentals to get rings with whoever the best team was. And you know what? With what Lebron started and what KD has now done... I wouldn't be surprised at all if the next generational talent does exactly that thanks to these 2.

Agree to disagree.
I don't put any stock in "everyone says" stuff. That's the Appeal to Popularity fallacy. Lots of fans hate Lebron so of course they'll say stuff like that.

Doesn't make it true. Lebron would of course have chosen a strong West team if that's where the best teams were if he wanted to take the easy route. We can debate which team that would be all you want. If you keep discounting every West team though....then that would just defeat the claim that the East was weaker.

It's never made any sense at all to claim that Lebron stays in the East so he can make it to the Finals and lose every year. Who would do that?

Last edited by Harpospoke; 05-09-2018 at 01:19 AM.
Harpospoke is offline   Reply With Quote