Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #1396
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post

That being said, I think giving Aaron Gordon the max is a bad idea. You need to make sure your max guys are elite players to get anywhere in this league, he just is not. It makes more sense to draft Marvin Bagley and save the cap space to absorb some combination of salary/ picks/ players.

Edit: I typed this out but now I’m kind of torn. It would be nice to add two good young pieces, even if one is getting overpaid. That being said, I bet the Magic are skiddish after letting Oladipo go and match. We shouldn’t waste our time.
You have to overpay to get talent in the FA. And yes, there will be always players who arent max player but are lucky enough to get it because they are in the right moment a free agent.

And i think drafting Bagley doesnt make sense because he plays the position with the deepest talent pool in the FA.

Drafting a center and you can try to sign Gordon/Parker/Randle (maybe even Favors)

Drafting Bagley and you have to find a center in the FA but you can scratch Capela/Cousins/Jordan. And after that the center market is crap.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-10-2018 at 02:06 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote