Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 04:41 PM   #1457
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
We were 30th in rebounding rate(again). I'm so tired of being the worst rebounding team in existence. And yeah I expected us to make a jump in pace with the addition of DSJ. We went from 2nd slowest to 4th slowest(yay.....). They absolutely have to pick that up, we can have wishful thinking that with all the close games our team isnt as bad as the record indicates. But without a top defense we can't be slow and bad defensively. Just take whoever the best player is on their board. I can live with literally anyone we have talked about as top 7 for a while now(Ayton, Doncic, Bamba, Porter, JJJ, Bagley, Bridges). Because we suck in a lot of areas.
I mean, pretty much everybody we're looking at in this draft is good at rebounding, especially when you consider position, but I think all of the bigs have 10 RPG potential... And pretty much everybody can score. You're more likely to get 20 PPG potential with Ayton/Doncic/Bagley/Porter, but even Bamba/Bridges/Jackson can give you 10-15 PPG, if not more eventually... So the biggest difference is defense, which Bamba/Bridges/Jackson are strongest at, but I don't see why Ayton/Bagley/Porter can't improve in that area, as they each have the physical attributes in place, they just need fine-tuning. Really the only player I have defensive concerns about is Doncic -- I don't think he'll ever be quick enough to hang with guards, but I suppose there's always a possibility that he grows a bit taller, puts some weight on, and learns how to guard forwards.

Basically what I'm saying is that any of these guys look like they could be an all-around stud if they're developed properly... Seems like the real test is going to be in Carlisle's ability to coach them up.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote