Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 07:28 AM   #1581
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I keep seeing people saying comments to the effect of “tanking didn’t pay off for the Mavs”. I find this to be a ludicrous statement.

We have the 5th pick! Most likely options will be JJJ, Bagley, Bamba, Bridges, or MPJ. All have viable superstar potential.

I get it. We held out hope for the number 1 spot. But I have been saying this for some time. There is a strong argument to be made for 6-7 players in this draft. It’s a great draft. And just like last season where I had DSJ as my number 2 coveted player (monk was #1 for me), I think it’s very possible that a similar situation occurs this year. The guys taken 3-6 are completely up in the air with no right answer. Team fit, development, and culture will be the biggest difference makers imo.
This I agree with... by tanking we have ourselves a better floor for a pick. After all the grading of teeth around here many of us were worried about ending up with pick 7-9 . Could have been better but five is still high enough to get someone with a high ceiling
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote