Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #1678
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm going to stop listing the obvious caveat for Porter, that being his health. I'm assuming for this sake that he is healthy and is checked off by the Mavs medical team.

It all boils down to what this team needs most. To me, it's super close in terms of a 1a/1b type scenario. Those two needs are a scoring threat and a big that can provide defense/boards. I think the direction of the NBA has me leaning taking MPJ to shore up scoring deficiencies. It would be mighty hard to stop both he and DSJ, in addition to the shooters on this team.

Then again, having JJJ or Bamba take over in the middle would be great, too. We need to look at the landscape of the NBA in 3-4 years and ask if this draft pick will be worth a big contract.

I can see MPJ/JJJ/Bamba all fitting into that scenario, which will make it an even harder decision. We can only hope Donnie and Co. make the right one. Best of luck to them should Bagley slide down, too...
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote