Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #36
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

So here is how we can easily map this out.

1. Mavs desperately need a superstar 2. Mavs desperately need defense and rebounding

There are many ways to go about getting both and wondering what the future holds for the guys currently on the roster.

So one angle...Dennis Smith is a superstar waiting to happen but definitely needs more help around him to do that. I honestly believe that fixing the rebounding and defense issue will open up the offense more for him and Barnes. I honestly am not sure we can develop any young player into that star as long as the rebounding and defense stay where they are.

The other angle is saying Smith is more of a Robin and he needs a batman to play with. You have to find that before you care about guys who can help defend and rebounding.

My take is that I believe guys like Bamba and JJJ actually can provide both if they live up to their potential. Certainly Bagley has two of the three that you're looking for in superstar potential and rebounding, but he might not be there at 5.

With all of this though, you're dealing with the unknown. If you draft MPJ and he isn't a superstar, then it's a completely wasted pick. If you draft Bamba or JJJ, and they don't turn into superstars, well at least they'll tremendously help the team with defense and rebounding.

If you add that to MPJs back, then I think there is no question you go with one of the big guys.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote