Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 07:41 PM   #1718
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I'd absolutely trade a future pick and take on salary for a pick in the top 6 this year.

Quote:
Here’s an anti-climatic bit of data to all of you who made it through this two-part, 5.6k word mammoth: The top of the 2019 class doesn’t look nearly as strong as the past two classes. In fact, if I went back to what we knew in September and October of 2017 when the first pre-season mocks were released, I would rank DeAndre Ayton, Marvin Bagley, Luka Doncic and Michael Porter Jr. all higher on my board than the top prospect from this class RJ Barrett.
With that being said, it feels like less of a knock on 2019 prospects and more of a statement on how loaded the 2017 and 2018 classes were. And, therefore, how spoiled we, draft followers, have become during the past two draft cycles.
These 2 drafts were unique, next year if we finish with the 5th-10th pick it's not getting us a DSJ level guy. But that's why I highly doubt Barnes plus a future pick and taking back salary gets a deal like this done. A top 6 pick this year is like having one of those top 1-2 picks most years I'd wager. And those picks don't get traded unless it's a superstar.

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/03/0...ngs-tiers-1-3/

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 05-19-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote