View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #415
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

My loose definition of super team is when 3 or more players get together who were their own team's franchise players. Toronto/Bosh, Cleveland/Bron, Miami/Wade. Worthy and Pippen were never franchise players. Rodman, hell no. Now the Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton yes that should have been. KG/Ray/Rondo is more no than yes because Rondo was really young and stepped up big time, but it is close.

Jordan's Bulls I will say no every single time. Look at what every one of those players did away from Jordon and Phil. Phil is one of the best coaches of all time IMO who had arguably the best player of all time, but besides Pippen, those were teams of at best solid role players and nothing more.

GS is a little different in that Curry is the franchise player, but Klay and Green add up to another even though they've never been on other teams. Adding KD was just the supreme kick in the nuts.

This is easily fixed with some cap management by the league. Off the top of my head, give each team a $50 mill/yr max they can sign one player to. Then give a set remaining balance for everyone else, like 2 players get $12, 2 more get $8, so on. If a KD type player takes $12 instead of $36, then good for him.

Last edited by MavzMan; 05-21-2018 at 03:09 PM.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote