Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 06:39 PM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Sorry, you lost me completly here...writing that Euroleague is garbage etc but Porter is great because he looked good in freaking camp games.

And if you not even really know the euro rules means you dont really watch euro games

Just be honest and say you are absolute biased in general against euro ball...
Yes, I'm absolutely biased against EuroLeague, where Nick Calathes (a guy who couldn't even stick as the 15th man on the Mavs roster) is one of the best players. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. And, no, I don't watch enough Euro games to understand the nuances of the rules because it makes my eyes bleed, but I assume the calls against defenders are ticky-tack since I've literally seen guys move AWAY from Doncic while he's driving to the basket. A lot... Call it the "second best basketball league in the world" all you want, but the WNBA is a far more competitive, and I say that with 100% sincerity.

Feel free to downplay the camps that Michael Porter Jr. attended, but at least he's been surrounded by future NBA talent for years now, whereas Doncic is playing against guys who couldn't even stick in the league. Just because they're grown-ups doesn't mean they're any good... He certainly never played a game with this much talent on the floor at once:

2017 McDonald's All American -- Michael Porter Jr (MVP), DeAndre Ayton, Jaren Jackson Jr, Tre Young, Wendell Carter, Collin Sexton, Lonnie Walker, Kevin Knox, Mitch Robinson, Troy Brown, Gary Trent Jr, etc.

I think it's a lot easier to gauge a guy who's going up against future NBA players than a guy who's beating scrubs... Doncic will be a good player (which is why I have him ranked #6), but to assume he'll be able to dominate in the NBA just because he can make NBA washouts in Europe look foolish is way off base.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-21-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote