View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 01:22 AM   #431
Harpospoke

Harpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the rough

Well well well.

How about this? Some drama in the conference Finals! Didn't think Houston had it in them frankly. Best of 3 and they have home court. Still think the Warriors will win, but now I think Hou has a real chance. Could go 7?

Side note: Harden went 1 of 7 in the 4th quarter and they win. That's the MVP? Doesn't sound like his team needs him more than any other team needs their star to me. That's why you don't give the MVP to a player on the best team. Obviously the best team doesn't rely on one player.

Celtics actually play defense at home so the Cavs role players will probably go back to hopeless mode. Celtics in 7?

Side note: Korver with 3 blocks? That's hilarious. Won't see that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
The NBA really needs to tweak the rules to make playing defense viable again. I'm not saying bring back the ugly days of the late 80s-90s, but there has got to be a middle ground. The game has got to be about more than just who can hit the most threes.
I think they need to call it by the rules. They are letting them mug each other out there in every game. It's not fun to watch either. If you want less threes stop letting them mug anyone who tries to play in the low post. The 3 is the only viable option when you do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Jordan's Bulls I will say no every single time. Look at what every one of those players did away from Jordon and Phil. Phil is one of the best coaches of all time IMO who had arguably the best player of all time, but besides Pippen, those were teams of at best solid role players and nothing more.
That doesn't say much for the competition in the 90s if the Bulls were able to dominate them that much. I guess we can just stop with that claim that the 96 Bulls were the "greatest team of all time". If they were just a bunch of role players the great super teams of the 80s would curb stomp them. Today's Warriors would run them out of the gym.

Especially if Pippen is now not even in the top 10 players in the league at that time? Wow! The guy is considered one of the top 25 players of all time and some are trying to put him behind Reggie freaking Miller?? Wow....the 90s must have suuucked!

I agree with @Thespiralgoeson It's pretty selective to get upset about "super teams" only when the players put it together. It's the exact same result either way.

If it bothers you that a team is stacked and dominating the league only when the players do it, that's a bias against the players because it looks exactly the same on the court. As a matter of fact, that Heat team was pretty flawed. They didn't have a bench and their role players were pretty mediocre too. They were top heavy. The super teams of the past would destroy them.
Harpospoke is offline   Reply With Quote