Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 09:18 PM   #1813
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
If true, then this is the best-case scenario, effectively giving us the #4 pick for all intents and purposes... I don't really see the Hawks trading down to get Trae, since Orlando has their sights on him at #6... And there's really no reason for Dallas to trade up since either Bagley, Porter, or Doncic would be slipping to #5 in this case.

I actually saw a FOX Sports mock yesterday that had MPJ going #2 overall, and I still think Bagley makes the most sense in Memphis... So lemme talk myself into this scenario for a sec:

1. Phoenix: DeAndre Ayton
2. Sacramento: Michael Porter Jr
3. Atlanta: Trae Young
4. Memphis: Marvin Bagley
5. Dallas: Luka Doncic

I'm obviously not as high on Luka as most, and still think he has some clear limitations, but I could definitely live with us picking him if we're not giving up assets to trade up for him. Really, just knowing that a possible #1 scorer like Bagley, Porter, or Doncic could slip to #5 gives me more hope for this draft (my worst-case scenario has those 3 and Ayton off the board before we pick)... I've kinda soured on Bagley a bit after EL pointed out that the centers left in the playoffs are 6'10" Hortford, 6'9" Tristan Thompson, 6'10" Capela, and 6'7" Green -- just not sure if a 7'0" giant with limited effective range can make a dent in today's NBA... I still think JJJ's stretch-5 game has a lot of potential, but the Mavs need a #1 scorer more than anything else right now, and the Hawks may be serving one to us on a silver platter... Not sure if I could pass up Luka at #5.

Not saying he'll slip to us, but Atlanta taking Trae certainly makes it a stronger possibility... I could also talk myself into Bagley for the same reasons.
I don't think its about their height though. Draymon and Capela are ballers. Hortford is too. Those are 3 all stars. It just so happens that the best big men in the league don't play on the Warriors, Celtics, Cavs or Rockets. Though I find it hard to believe Capella is just 6'10. His wingspan is crazy or looks like it on Tv.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote