Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 12:49 AM   #1827
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Well take Bagley as an example of NCAA competition... His toughest challenge was probably Michigan state or Texas because of JJJ+Miles and Bamba. Well he played 10mins against Michigan state and he thoroughly dominated Bamba. The only other 1st round talent he played against was what... Lonnie Walker? A guard? Bamba played Bagley... Sexton and Trae Young as the only other 1st round talents.

Duke had the 17th hardest schedule according to CBS sports. Yet Bagley's only real matchup was against Bamba one time. And since he didn't play against Michigan State his best "team" opponent was maybe UNC or Kansas in the tourney? Kansas's best player to me was Newman and the only way he sticks in the NBA is if he can learn to play some point, otherwise I just doubt he sticks. And UNC... well Luke Maye is returning for his senior season because he might have gone undrafted or at best the very tail end of the 2nd.

On a game by game basis Idk how College remotely stacks up. There will be the one or 2 games that put 2 great prospects against each other but of the 30 games these guys play, a good 25 of them they probably aren't being guarded by someone who has a remote chance in hell at playing competitively at any level beyond college. If Bagley and Bamba's only competition in terms of nba talent guarding them was 1 game against each other then they may as well just post a workout video in a gym tbh. It's why I'm a major proponent of stopping the stupid one and done rule.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote