View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 03:48 PM   #558
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Is Cuban the only owner in the league who now seems to have a habit of paying people more than he should? Isn't this intentionally spilling powder on the ground? :-( It's not our fault he got drafted 'late'. A few hundred k extra probably isn't important, but $2M is. Frankly, its dumb. (and I believe, in general, in keeping your workers happy. But Brunson was just earning...$0. $900k is a huge raise.)
He IS in that habit and my smart $ is on us about overpay again (Jordan for 25m per when the market say 18 may be an overpay).

I think in the case of Brunson though the extra $ can be used as leverage if they expect him to outplay his contract. They give him more $, he signs for 3 years and we keep him under our control for presumably longer. Both parties win.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote