View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #3
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Playoff teams that have gotten worse
Spurs
Thunder (well, maybe waiving Melo is addition by subtraction, but they aren't better)
Trailblazers (maybe-- could see them implode if they don't do anything. Mediocrity can damage a lockerroom)
Pelicans - they haven't gotten better and Davis is never healthy

Playoff teams that have gotten better
None

Non-playoff teams that have gotten better
Mavs
Lakers
Suns
I can concur with the Pelicans. You can't really bet on a star player being injured, though.

If you're OKC, could this offseason have gone any better? You retain PG13 and Jerami Grant. Effin A! If I'm them. Plus, year 2 for PG & Russ to gel and the team to come together. I don't see how they got worse.

Spurs. Yes & No. They made the playoffs last year with Kawhi playing an ineffective 9 games for them. You could talk me into the idea of them regressing, though.

HOU looks to be worse. They lost Ariza & could lose Capela. Still don't see the Mavs passing the Rockets, unfortunately.

Lakers are pretty much penciled in for the playoffs this year. No telling who else is joining LaBron in LA, but you can bet more additions are coming.

DEN didn't get any worse. Locked up Jokic, resigned Barton. MPJ is a non-factor, but I can't see them winning less games this year without injury playing a role.

Mavs obviously have a chance. You're absolutely right we got better, but to go from 24 wins to 47 wins, 23 wins better? I don't know about that.
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote