View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
It's an interesting point, but do you honestly believe we didn't leave some wins on the table intentionally? Also, consider the impact of DSJ year 1 vs year 2. Year 2-3 is when we find out who he is going to be.
This, missing from a bunch of posts is our guy DSJ.

However, it is quite the jump given how hard the Western Conference is going to be this year. A lot of teams got better, including us. However, a lot of teams stayed the same or have questions going into the season.

Rockets - still going to be at the top with...
Warriors - team to beat
Blazers - stayed the same, could even be in for regression
Thunder - ^^^
Jazz - they will continue to improve with their young nucleus
Pelicans - hard one, I think they still end up higher up in standings
Spurs - Kawhi gone and they miss playoffs
Timberwolves - not a fan of their roster set-up

Nuggets - just missed, they should improve or stay same (46 wins)
Clippers - lol Rivers
Lakers - don't think they are done and will make the playoffs
Kings - lol Vlade
Grizzlies - health dependent but still not enough
Suns - improved but still not enough

Overall, if we are being realistic, I can see an improvement to 36-38 wins, but I'm not sure if playoff are realistic. I have:

Warriors
Rockets
Jazz
Lakers
Blazers
Thunder
Pelicans
Nuggets

I think that 8th seed will come down to Nuggets and Timberwolves, with the Mavs knocking on the door. Who knows, it could come together beautifully, and we can make some noise with potential ceiling of the 6th seed. But I find it hard to say we did enough to return to the playoffs with confidence.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote