View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 10:20 PM   #1081
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think you're missing the point here -- Boogie would have turned his nose up at anything less than a max offer from any team aside from Golden State. They got the "hardware discount" that no other team could have offered because nobody else can give him a championship on a silver platter.

There's far more than a $5-10m gulf between the Warriors and the Mavericks for a guy like Cousins.
I agree. It looks like that on the surface, but according to what Marc J Spears said on Sportscenter tonight, Cousins literally received no interest from any team (i.e. not a single phone call from anybody). He was up late last night at his Vegas hotel, sitting on his balcony & very disappointed/insulted. He called his agent at that moment & said call Golden State.

Doesn't sound like he was hell bent on going to Golden State from the jump. Although, that could totally be a post-signing narrative to make it seem less "super-teamy" to the media & fans.

Also, a little nugget from Woj. He said "several teams" had concerns about Cousins attitude & did not want him in their locker room around their young players. I take that to mean the Mavs because Woj consistently mentioned the Mavs being an option for Cousins prior to the draft. If that's the case, then Kudos to the Mavs! Very sound judgement.

Again, I did not want Cousins here. Just very surprised nobody offered him anything & he had to settle for a MLE. Achilles & all, the guy is still a 4-time All Star. He must have a total shit reputation among NBA inner circles.

Last edited by 3_Ball; 07-02-2018 at 10:20 PM.
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote