View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 09:27 AM   #309
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Upon reflection I like this move for the Raptors. Lets say Masai and Nurse decided that leaving their team as is best case scenario is ECF next season. And in two years they had an unsavory decision to make regarding DeRozan; pay him way too much or let him walk. So they are all in for this season- with the outside chance of flipping Kawhi or,even better, convincing him to stay.

They retained their youth aside from Poetl. So they still have the ability to go with a super long defensive-minded lineup to start or close games.

Siakam
OG
Kawhi
Danny Green/Delon Wright
Lowry/Van Vleet

That is an insanely great defensive lineup. They can switch everything. If Siakam could only shoot 3's they be unguardable. Still have Ibaka, Valenciunas, CJ Miles, Wright and Van Vleet off the bench. Personally, I think they'll start Wright and not Green. I think Wright is going to be a breakout player for them away from the conservative Casey

Last edited by mac222b; 07-18-2018 at 09:30 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote