View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 09:48 AM   #334
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
When I said “terrible” I just meant as an NBA player, not in comparison to other rookies.
What does that even mean? Of course a rookie is going to be worse than a developed/seasoned player. It basically means nothing to say that Smith as a rookie was worse than Durant in year 12. The only meaningful comparison you can make is between players in their rookie season.

Here's a few I assembled. Dirk and last year's allstars as rookies vs. Smith
better 3pt% and better eFG% than Dirk
better 3pt% and better eFG% than LeBron
better 3pt% and better eFG% than Westbrook
better 3pt% and tied on eFG% with Durant
better 3pt% than George
better 3pt% and better eFG% than Kemba
better 3pt% and better eFG% than Wall
better 3pt% than Derozan
better 3pt% and better eFG% than Butler
better eFG% than Lowry

guys with more efficient-scoring rookie seasons:
Harden
Klay
Curry
Lillard
bigs like Davis, Cousins

Smith had a more efficient rookie season than most of the allstars on both allstar teams this year. I'm not saying that he will be anywhere near as good-- it's all about that huge sophomore leap, but saying Smith is terrible compared to seasoned vets is just a silly statement and comparing him against incredible players in comparable seasons, Smith looks very promising.

18pts - 5reb - 6ast per 36 with efficiency numbers that compare well with most 2018 allstars.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-11-2018 at 09:52 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote