View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #525
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trukop View Post
Hi,

I haven't written a few months ago. So, I'm going to introduce my self one more time. I'm from Spain and Real Madrid & Luka Doncic supporter. I've seen Luka Doncic play since he was a little child (he arrived to Real Madrid when we was 12 years old). Every year he improves something. Two years ago, he added tha step back and shoot to his game. Last year, he improved post movements. This years he has improved shoot % and range. Luka Doncic is something that I've never seen in my live. As the good wine, he improves something every year. Has he any roof? I think not!!!! He has the abillity to make statistics. I said that one year ago in other forum where people of your country said to me:"Doncic is overrated" "Doncic will crash on the NBA" "Donic hasn't athletic skills". Bull shit!!!! He has the most important things in the basketball. IQ and cluntch.

Luka is 43% FG. Is very good. But only 36,4% 3pt. Ok, it ins't enought for a NBA star. But, look, the 50% of his 3 points shoots are after step back, clunch mode or difficult positions. If I check players who shoot in similar situations, we'll see Curry with 45,8 % (crazy) and Harden with 37,6%. It means that Doncic 3 range is not bad. And I'm sure he will improve it and his FT percentage next years.

I suppose that you realize that Doncic is already the Dallas Maveriks MVP. So, it's mandatory to create a team around him. What does he need?
He's a playmaker. He needs ball at 3/4 and decides the game. But, he can not defende small and fast point guards. He needs a point guard very good on defence side and with a good shoot range. Also, he needs a small forward very good on the two sides (defence and attack). I think that Barnes is the perfect SF for Luka but DSJ...I think that he's a problem. DSJ is not a good defender. He hasn't shoot range. He hasn't IQ and he needs ball to make stats. Is it possible a trade? In spain we're listening news about potential trades. What do you think?
The paint. Luka needs a PF with shoot range. A Dirk 30 years old would be perfect but he's 40. Anyone more? I think that Dallas need a FA next season. Center. I think that Jordan is a great center, but he doesn't understand the game. He hasn't shoot range to be dangerous at 4-5 meters of the ring. That is a big problem. Why? Because one of the best Doncic's weapons is his pick&roll and pick&pop read (to pass, shoot or attack the ring). When Joran&Luka do a pick&pop, the other center dive to the ring to protect it because Jordan is not dangerous at 4-5 meters. Could be Cousin healthy a possibility?

Ok, guys, I'll be glad to read your answers.

Best Regards,
Welcome and nice post.

Cousins will need to prove that he is the player he was before his injury and that is the big question with him. If he is, then of course he is a possibility. I think he would fit amazingly with Luka. I disagree with you that DJ doesn't understand the game. He understands the game fine, and knows his limitations and that he just doesn't have the range to shoot on the pick n pop. He is 2nd in the league in rebounding and might even take the lead before all star break. We have struggled for years with rebounding and we need the ball in Luka's hands as much as possible.

I agree you about DSJ, at this moment. It might be too early to trade him unless get something nice and productive immediately in return. He could turn out to be Westbrook-ish. Do you really want to give that away if we get nothing in return for him? That's what would happen if we moved him. He is only 20.

I'm not sure about Barnes being perfect next to Luka because he has blinders on when he decides he is going to drive the ball. He takes it in the paint into collapsing defense often and misses open guys. He misses Wes and Luka on the perimeter and takes a highly contested layup or inside shot enough for me to have grown hesitant on him. He is currently putting some good stat lines tho.

For me, it's easier to see this situation as: Luka is very young and already this good, we have a little time for guys like DSJ and DFS to grow more, contracts to expire, and build interest from other potential free agents.
When guys like Lillard, Lebron and many others are talking about Luka, Dallas is now a place where guys would be interested to play.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote