View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 08:22 PM   #594
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka's Mom View Post
I think you're right. I'm from Europe, and not even a Slovenian or Spanish. Yet I've registered on this board solely because you guys have drafted Luka. I've voted for him like 4 or 5 times already.

And yet I don't think his votes are coming only from Europe. It's the perfect storm really. Europeans vote for him, Mavs fans vote for him, NBA fans who appreciate flashy plays vote for him... And let's be real, him being white on top of being a really really good player helps his chances, since the majority of NBA fans are caucasian. Maybe it's not a big factor, but probably has some effect.
Well obviously he's not getting his votes JUST from Europe (I'm seeing a ton of Doncic jerseys down here in Austin, which is Spurs country), but that Euro bump is what's putting him ahead of perennial MVP candidates such as Kevin Durant and Anthony Davis.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-04-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote