View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 09:30 AM   #40
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Zhi Zhi View Post
OK, so what is NY's play with this? Just getting something before KP bolts this summer as a FA? Not sold KP will recover from the injury?
They get lots of cap space, enough to sign 2 max contract players. TWO being the key, I think...because why would ONE want to join this team?

Quote:
And is KP a complete unrestricted FA this summer, and do we get any early-Bird rights or anything like that? Trying to figure out why we just wait until the summer to go after him
He is a RFA this summer, I believe.

Why wait, when we can unload 2 contracts we wanted to unload? And weren't likely to resign DJ. Jordan has been a great rebounder, and fine with lobs on offense...but I got the impression Mavs were looking for more.

I AM concerned about the rebounding gap this trade leaves Mavs in...and not sure a Barnes replacement fixes that (without taking too much scoring away). What great rebounding/defensive/3 shooting PF is everyone thinking they can get?

On the other hand, I strongly believe rebounding is more want to/coaching than anything else. If you can play in the NBA, you can rebound the basketball, especially on defense. So maybe simple coaching is the real fix here.

This is one thing Don Nelson used to say that just drove me crazy: "we don't have good rebounders". BS. You didn't COACH good rebounding. If everyone blocks out effectively, how do you not get most defensive rebounds? Does it take a tremendous amount of physical ability to block out? No, it does not. It just takes want to and coaching.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote