View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 12:56 PM   #427
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Gotta give it to Cuban-- he's willing to take risks. Even dumb ones.

No team has ever won a championship without taking risks.

Then again, you are just as likely (if not more likely) to fail. Cuban took a risk drafting Dirk and trading for the oft-injured Kidd and Chandler. Now we have a championship.

Then again, he also passed on Giannis and thought Dirk/Walker/Jamison would work
It's crazy how Giannis was the 15th pick overall. I'm also curious. How did the Mavericks pass on Giannis? I forget. We had the 18th pick that year and drafted Shane Larkin. I know we had the 16th pick, and I forget when we traded it away and if we had the opportunity to trade up as we did in drafting Doncic.

Anyway, I am more than happy with our two young rising superstars, and I get that Kristaps Porziņģis wants to do what he can to avoid an injury like this one in the future by doing strengthening exercises that he may not otherwise be able to do mid-season.

Also I love Jason Kidd's answer in whether the Mavericks will win or not with this dynamic duo. He quickly answered, "Yes!" I agree that the right pieces will be places around the two, and I think we'll be saying goodbye to Harrison Barnes really soon to help lure in another big piece.