View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #5183
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
There's so much to say. Fortunately others wrote very good pieces about how losing a sports figure that had been a part of your life is challenging. Just lots of weird emptiness right now.

2011 delivered one of my top 3 sports moments. Dirk might be gone, but that will stick forever. Thanks so much. I don't think I will enjoy a NBA championship the same way as I did back then.
Agree. My wife and I were fortunate enough to attend the 2011 Finals Game 6 in Miami when the Mavs won the title. We waited outside the AA Arena for an hour + with about 60 or so other Mavs fans after the game hoping to get a glimpse of the team. The entire team came out on the way to the bus, and Cuban was carrying the trophy. Dirk and Mark and many of the other players came by and greeted us, shook hands and took time for some quick photos. I actually got to give the championship trophy a couple of nice little pats. :-D It was so cool and so surreal. I'll never forget Deshawn Stevenson leaving the arena and walking right through the group of Mav fans and just walking off. LOL I was like... WTH? That's Deshawn Stevenson! That Game 6, the ceremony, and seeing the team afterward with such few people is my number 1 sports memory of all time!

It's a little hard to believe that was around 8 years ago. :-( I'm going to miss the Big German, but I'm so very happy for him, both professionally and personally. Has any player been given a more fitting tribute and thank you in his last home game? I can't think of a single one. He may be old by NBA standards, but he's still a pretty young guy, and he's got a family and young kids to enjoy watching grow up. I couldn't be any happier for him. Enjoy the next chapter of your life Dirk! You'll forever by my #1 sports hero. :-D

Last edited by turin; 04-11-2019 at 07:45 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote