View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 02:39 PM   #659
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Either you want a PnR center with strong defense or you want a stretch-5. Capela is a really good center in the right system even in todays NBA. Not his fault the Rockets play like they play.

And Powell doesnt have range. Pretty sure Capela could clank 30% from downtown too. Hell, even Salah is allready better.
Agree with your first point as it's fair.

Disagree strongly with the 2nd as we have differing opinions on what/who a clanker is...30.7% for the season and post All-Star break 39.6%. Not a clanker at his size and position, and really at all.

You can argue all you want about who he was doing it against etc. Also, on Salah, despite the threes he made late in the season, still finished well behind Powell in post All-Star rate, slightly better on the season on drastically less 3PA.

Capela would not come near those figures was my point. He is getting paid 5/$90mm to be a essentially a role player on that team. I don't believe you can make him a 3rd big piece to a team. So perhaps it's his certain fit, good or bad, however you see it. I see it as a bad use of resources (not Capela's fault, Rockets had to pay him as they were sold out to the Harden/Paul combo).
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote