View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 09:32 PM   #1133
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
My concerns with Butler are with his minutes and his fit. He fits well as a 3rd option and defender but he's not ideal imo. I wish he was better as a 3pt shooter or more specifically as an off ball catch and shoot player. He only attempted 2 shots of the catch and shoot variety per game despite playing with Embiid(double teamed) and Simmons(Might literally be allergic to shooting) and being a 3rd or even 4th option. His actual shot attempt volume didn't go down much he just prefers to slash and pull up in the mid range and Iso. He actually shot the 3 more frequently with Minny. Luka generates so many open 3's for players we need more catch and shoot guys. He'd work but for the price he's going to cost I don't think you want anything less than ideal. The other concern is his minutes. He might be 30 but he's an old 30. He's logged a ton of minutes and he plays both ends.... hard I might add. Those kind of guys, slashers with tons of minutes who give it their all on defense... don't age gracefully usually. Unless he gets a consistent corner 3 shot the end of his contract is going to suck ass IMO.
But he does fit the big talent upgrade that team needs. I also think he fits better than you're giving him credit for. The head case thing is the only real worry IMO.

Look...Kemba, Vuc, Randle, and Butler are the four guys we actually have a shot at getting this summer. We can argue all summer about their fit and what not, but that's who the team needs to be focused on because of the talent. Guys like Middleton and Brogdon are a tier below them IMO and will cost too much. Mil likely doesn't let them go anyway.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote