View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 09:01 PM   #1235
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Oh, I'm not in the "Beverly and spare parts" crowd at all. Problem is fans have issues with everyone. Kemba fit. Butler nutcase. Randle no defense. Vuc a center next to KP. I think we have to go for one of those though and roll the dice. I don't think the Brogdons/Beverlys move the needle just by themselves.

Hate to say it, but I think I'd roll the dice on Butler if he was open to a meeting.
I'm not exactly sure why people think we have to have some max player this year just because we have money. The two people who are going to "move the needle" for this franchise are Luca and KP. Everyone else is support cast.

If the Mavs don't find a max player super stud this season, they sign good players to one and two year contracts until better players become available. Great teams aren't put together in one year.

That's why a guy like Brogdon is a great piece by itself, but even he might not be available. I think people need to lower their expectations a little. Dallas isn't a playoff team yet. No FA is going to make the Mavs a high priority this year. This year we will have to get lucky, and if we find just one keeper component it should be viewed as a success.

Our goal next season is to make the playoffs in a division that's already stacked with good teams.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote