View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #1720
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
This shit needs to die — we’re not landing 2 max FAs because nobody is taking THJ and Lee off our hands unless we include some good picks in the deal... And if you’re trading away good picks to land a 33 year old big when your star players are 20 and 23, then you’re doing it wrong.
I am sure we can find some help with THJ and Lee although I admit it will be VERY hard.

BUT again I am trying to understand his notion that we shouldn't sign guys like Al and Walker ( not my first choice but a good choice) because of how old Luka and KP are. Are we supposed to wait for the to be 28 to build a winning team??

Luka and KP have the talent and have shown what they can do with BAD teams. You add unselfish and talented veteran players and this team takes a HUGE leap towards contending NOW.

WHY NOT??

If we do that and it doesn't get us a title in 3 years, we bring in the next wave of talent to surround Luka and KP when they will be 23 AND 26.

The Mavs have set themselves to have multiple attempts at this with multiple surrounding players. In theory we could field 3 star studded teams and Luka will still only be 29. SO WHY WAIT?

Kemba
?
Luka
KP
Al

...will be one of the best starting 4-5 in the league and with everything going on could contend this year and over the next 2-3.