View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 01:39 PM   #1728
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
About Frank:

He's only 20 years old(!) and is 6'5 with a 7'1 wingspan. As a rookie he was the best in the league at defending the pick and roll. He can guard multiple positions on switches. His shot isn't broken-- he has a nice release and shoots pretty well from the ft line.

He can absolutely be one of the best defenders in the league. Bruce Bowen only with exponentially better handles and court vision. The game will slow down for him eventually. Play him off the ball more and all he needs to do is learn to hit the corner 3. I would love to have him here. Obviously the contract is an issue with free agency looming. But aside from that the guy is the definition of a great buy low target.
Having the body for defense doesn’t make you a good defender.

You need BBIQ, knowledge of psychology, and a fighting spirit. Frank doesn’t have any of those.

Don’t get me wrong, for the right price (say, a minimum deal) I’d take him as a prospect, but the player he’a not coming into 2019-2020 as a player. He’s a prospect who needs to develop every aspect of his game just to stay in the NBA.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote