View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 03:43 PM   #21
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Clearly, you HAVE seen Ntilikina play.

New York Knicks: Frank Ntilikina Ranks No. 1 In Stunning Statistic

Ntilikina's rookie season was spent as a 19-year old in a foreign country learning a foreign language, with a journeyman coach (Hornacek) fighting for his coaching career, loath to play rookies and trying to drag a talent-thin roster toward .500, and a playoff berth.

Guess who lobbied Hornacek for more playing time for Ntilikina, because of his playmaking and defense? Kristaps Porzingis.

Ntilikina's second season was spent playing for a certified moron (Fizdale) who was being directed to Lose-For-Zion. Fizdale jerked Ntilikina around by starting him pell-mell and willy-nilly at 3 positions, jerking him out of games, and then benching him for long stretches without explanation, then compounded by suffering a recurrent groin injury.

Ntilikina has Elite Defender written all over him for the world to see, and is EXACTLY the kind of wing defender who would complement Doncic. He has a nice 3-point shot, with a beautiful release and rotation, but he needs to be encouraged to take it. His weakness, as I see it, is a failure to assert his elite athleticism taking the ball to the basket.

What he needs is a change of scenery into a stable environment, with a coach who can instill some confidence into him, and encourage him to press the advantages his physical tools afford him.

I'd much rather have Ntilikina and Rubio than some broken-down-assed Al Horford on a $100 million contract, FFS.
You sold me on Frank. I do agree that he would be a nice fit next to Doncic in the backcourt. He could probably defend most players 1-4 while developing as someone that can space the floor and initiate the offense when needed. Fits the timeline nice with his age as well.

I'd be happy if the Mavs could make it happen.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote