View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 09:27 AM   #34
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
You're not going to get a strong argument out of me against waiting a year if necessary.. My point is that I don't think the fan base will be all that receptive..will see it as the Mavs fumbling along in a similar manner as they did after the championship.. (even though they did just add KP).
Big difference between now and the championship.
We were one of the top tier teams with a mature roster when Cuban tore it down and the fans had a hard time dealing with that decision. Dirk was our lone star and he was 32.

I think fans realize we have two very young budding stars with superstar potential and know that the West is simply brutal right now. There are always those impatient fans that will always have "win-now" expectations but my guess is the majority of the fan base knows it will take time to construct a championship caliber team.
Horford simply doesn't fit the time table for a healthy core construction. He might fit well in terms of short-term chemistry but not well for in a long-term strategy.

He might raise our ceiling but he will severely limit as well.

I think Mavs should focus on more reasonable FAs.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-25-2019 at 09:28 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote