View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I continue to personally be amazed that Vucevic isn't more of a desire for Dallas, despite his speed constantly being blasted, which isn't world class terrible or anything (got around LeBron just fine - good read overall too). I'm just honestly blown away by it. He's a fantastic player that fits in with multiple needs we have like rebounding, 3pt shooting, efficiency, position of need, age (much better so than other options like Horford), etc...

If heavily pursued, I also think he would be highly interested in coming given the fit and international presence the team has (vs. likely swinging and missing yet again on other bigger names like Kawhi/Durant on the true star side and even lesser guys like Walker/Harris/Butler). I mean, check some of this out (tried to attach pics with like 3 different tools but not working for whatever reason, so see this link and check out EWA, VA, PER and DRBR by all players but, especially, by way of Centers).

Is what it is - the Mavs (and several on this board) don't seem interested, but I'd literally be ecstatic if he signed. He was the best player on an Eastern Conference playoff team (poor playoff team, but still) and he'd be our 3rd best player (but likely most efficient). Clearly you then have a LOT of money invested in the front court and not a lot to show in the back court, but man, there would be a lot of trade options available too.

People have been tossing around the silliness of Powell in a S/T and Brunson in a 2nd S/T, but I think a lot of teams would be interested in a package with both. Could you entice a team like Charlotte to part with Kemba in a S/T if they feel they're losing him anyway with the combination of Powell AND Brunson along with whatever else it takes to make the trade work (wouldn't desperately need either with Kemba/Vucevic). There are several other options as well if Kemba's not your cup of tea...

I dunno, I just see it possible if you get your C and use Powell now that he's opted in along with Brunson to go get a stud G. Clearly you still have a bit of a hole at your other guard spot, but a lineup of:

Vucevic
Porzingis
Doncic
THJ
Walker

...is pretty freaking good! I likewise wonder how much more efficient a guy like THJ becomes with a team around him like that. Probably not much (and it's possible he's a detriment by still trying to play Jordan ball at times), but guys would be much more open so I'm sure he'd see a jump...

Last edited by Male30Dan; 06-26-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote