View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 03:18 PM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of ways to improve defense (while not sacrificing GREATLY at rebounding, health, cost, etc), this could be tasty if in any way/shape/form it's possible. Maybe a 3-team trade where we have Powell and a couple of 2nds going out to the team that's offering a 1st rounder to Houston with us getting Capela! Now, why the team taking Powell and 2nds wouldn't greatly rather Capela in a straight-up trade w/Houston, hey, I don't want to hear that. Let me dream!

I'd even toss in Brunson to make it work for the team sending Houston the 1st. You could get your starting PG in Walker/Brogdon/etc with the space remaining! Making a swap like that allows us to still get a great player given how close Powell/Capela are salary-wise. Clearly not going to happen, but would be pretty sweet and be an even better fit age wise than Vucevic. Clearly not as capable offensively, but a great traditional 5 elsewhere while also being able to run a bit.

Again, you still end up with the same players going out and the same studly starting 5 that's better defensively vs. offensively vs. the lineup above with Vucevic:

C - Capela
PF - Porzingis
SF - Doncic
SG - THJ
PG - Walker

Last edited by Male30Dan; 06-26-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote