View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 03:45 PM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Let's get some things clear, a) horford is a much better shooter than vucevich. Like it isn't close. Career 37% 3pt shooter vs career 33% 3 pt shooter. B) horford is a much better athlete than. Again not close, not sure where you got vuc was a better athlete smc. C) the the third option in a offense with luka and kp is going to be marginalized much like with bosh when he was in Miami. Given that role(unless you want us to be spamming vuc post ups with luka and kp spotting up in which case we'll just agree to disagree.) horfords combination of screening, shooting, passing and ability to rim run is more valuable than vucs variety of floaters from the post. D) horford has proven he can stay on the floor and remain a defensive asset rather than a liability against small lineups in the playoffs. Vuc on the other hand won't be able to play in games at the highest level.

I'm on record as wanting absolutely nothing to do with horford at 4/112. If he gets that let him go to the lakers, who's window he better fits. But if your going to sign someone for huge money that plays center despite the fact that our second best player WILL play center in our closing lineups in the playoffs, horford is a much better fit.
Dude, your takes on "not even close" are laughable. Horford has shot 3s exactly 1 year better than Vucevic did last year. Horford only started shooting them 4 years ago and Vucevic only started shooting them 2 years ago. Last year is the Vucevic that will be improved upon for future years, especially if you have real talent surrounding him. Last year Vucevic shot .364 from 3. Last year Horford shot .360 from 3. They put up the same average of 3s per game. NOT EVEN CLOSE... LOL... Horford is likely the better shooter when you factor everything in (FT, 2PT, etc), but they're both assets at the 5 and I think Vucevic ends up being the better shooter over the next several years, which is WHAT MATTERS GIVEN WE'RE NOT PAYING FOR HORFORD THE 29 YEAR OLD!

Disagree on the athlete comment - not because he wasn't over the course of most of his career, but I don't think he will be over the next several years. He's breaking down man... We will definitely agree to disagree on his fit in the offense. Definitely... As for your final comment, the last thing Horford has proven is that he can stay on the floor MOVING FORWARD. He's breaking down and I want nothing to do with him at the terms being kicked around. Simply put, I disagree with most all of your points and you disgree with mine. Doesn't matter because, sadly, I think they're more likely to do what you want vs. what I want. Guess we'll see how it all plays out.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 06-26-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote