View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 05:52 PM   #1969
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
I found this interesting.

12 mins ago – via Twitter GeryWoelfel
Gery Woelfel: Sources said the Bucks have been frantically trying to trade Ersan Ilyasova and the $14 million (two years) left on his contract. Asked what Bucks wanted for Ilyasova, an NBA exec said, ‘”Anything.”

I watched this guy in playoffs, and I'd take him and his contract in a heartbeat. He was playing behind Giannis, so he was only averaging about 18-20 minutes a game. But for 7m a year and two years left on his contract, he solves a lot of issues. He's a versatile big man that can stretch the floor with perimeter shooting. He's a decent rebounder. He's really cheap and can come off the bench possibly allowing Dwight Powell to start if necessary. He's a veteran. And best of all, his contract comes off the books the same time as Hardaway... during a year when a lot of big name free agents are going to be available.

Last time I checked Mavs still have biggest need in rebounding and defense. Ilyasova does not solve any of those issues whatsoever. I like Ilyasova and he is good for what he brings but he is still a filler, not a need.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote