View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 06:39 PM   #1978
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'd rather save those 2nd rounders to dump Lee than use them on Ersan. With or without the implications of Brogdon.
Edit- And in this situation you would ask the Bucks to give us 2nds not send ours.
Milwaukee is TRADING him. They have to have something back. And of course, you let the Mavs do the Lee thing if they can.

Guys, please. I trust the front office here. I'm suggesting that this player is serviceable and a good fit as a Mavs player for 18 minutes a game. I'm NOT suggesting that we don't do a dozen other things that might be better than this.

This is about the player, the contract, and front office priorities. As fans, we don't know what the Mavs can do with certain contracts (Lee) and we don't know how the timing shakes out. All we as fans know is that we have money to spend and a roster to fill out.

Think of it this way. Getting this guy may allow for more flexibility in signing more firepower on the wings. They can't spend every bit of money on wing players, because they have to have another big man. They just do. So you can get this guy for nearly nothing and then feel better about your other acquisitions.

Last edited by JJP; 06-28-2019 at 06:58 PM.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote