View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 02:16 PM   #2023
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
While that's true, it doesn't necessarily mean the writer doesn't know what he's talking about. And there are a lot of people here who might be wishing this defensive "liability" to not be true. So there's all that. Fans aren't the most objective judges of skill.

Teams have their own way of measuring defensive metrics, so we will likely never know for sure.

I watched Brogdon and loved the guy. I think the fact is that a lot of fans would like Brogdon even if his defense was less than stellar. His offense may make up for it. But I'm also not willing to disregard the writer as all wrong.
I don't need to base my opinion on that article when I've watched Brogdon with my own eyes... And like I said in the post you just quoted -- this author is arguing against Brogdon's REPUTATION, which was earned by dozens of different writers who are equally, if not more, qualified than this guy. Hell, every single comment below the article argues against his point, so his own fanbase doesn't see it either.

This ain't it.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote